THE WEB DEVELOPMENT OF TOMORROW SCHOLARSHIP
At Web Adaptive, we understand that members of the LGBTQ community are often under-represented in the STEM fields, especially computer science. As an LGBTQ-owned organization, it is our goal to help correct that problem, and to encourage all members of society to learn basic programming. Through this scholarship, we hope to help ensure that LGBTQ individuals have equal access and opportunities to excel in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The Web Development of Tomorrow Scholarship is an annual scholarship that will be awarded to a different individual each year.
About Web Adaptive: Web Adaptive is a web & mobile design/development company based in Baltimore, MD. We are a LGBTQ-owned and managed company that understands the importance of diversity in the workplace. Therefore, it is through this scholarship that we hope to encourage LGBTQ participation in the STEM fields, while giving back to a community that has fostered our own growth as an organization.
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the preceding semester where applicable; if GPA is not applicable, must otherwise have an academic status in “good standing”.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen.
- Must have declared a major in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics [STEM] field.
- Must be a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Prior winners of the scholarship are not eligible to apply for the award in subsequent years.
- The full amount of the scholarship must be applied towards tuition, books, training materials, and/or other costs directly associated with the recipient’s education within 12 months of receiving the award.
To apply, please submit the following materials online:
- A letter of recommendation (submitted separately)
- An original 600 to 800-word essay on what emerging web technology you feel is the wave of the future, and why.